Friday, October 31, 2008

opine, please!

I have a little decorating contest to share with you. Well, it's more like I need some opinions. I recently bought three awesome chairs (there was no fourth) at the Salvation Army to go with a round, drop leaf table I got at a local thrift store known as Two Sisters and a Naked Dog. (great place, tho I feel bad for the dog, who is real and who is naked... hairless, actually.)



These chairs are an awesome retro design that I really like. They're the real deal, not from Target, made from real wood with some weight to it, and they were $5 each! I don't love the fabric on them, which is great, because it gives me an excuse to figure out something I've wanted to learn for awhile: how to recover a chair. This leads me to my dilemma; over the past two days I've made two trips to Joann Fabric, and I still can't decide which fabric to use on these chairs... In part I'm having a hard time deciding because I'm overthinking the need for these to "fit in" with the other colors/patterns in my living room (these are in the "breakfast nook" which is just off of the living room through a wide arched doorway). I have greens/blues/khakis with highlights of orange and turquoise in the living room (so far anyway... but it still has a long way to go, esp on the floor and on the walls, since both are currently bare). I might use one of these chairs in the living room as a desk chair, so at the least it should not clash horribly.

living room:





anyway, here are the three current candidates for my chair fabric (I went for the green family, b/c that's what stood out to me):



1.
this one is nice... it's whimsical, a little folk artsy. The best reason for this one is that it matches colors I am already using elsewhere, so it would fit in nicely. I think the colors are a little on the bland side, though.


2.
I love this one; it just grabbed me. It's bold and fun. I think the geometric design would complement the design of the chair, since both are a bit retro...

3.
this design is beautiful, I really love it... the thing is, the walls of the breakfast nook are already a sage green color, so I think it wouldn't pop.

so, whaddya think??? please tell me your vote... esp you, my artistic friend Carrie, since your opinion will be highly valued (plus you may be the only one reading this blog! :)

No comments: