Monday, December 27, 2010

on the 3rd day of Christmas - I Will Find A Way



Here is my favorite new song for Christmas. It is really a metaphorical song about the Incarnation as a whole:

I heard Andy Gullahorn and Jill Phillips sing this live at the Ryman a couple weeks ago at the Behold the Lamb of God concert. It made me cry. I found out a little more about it on Andrew Peterson's website and blog, The Rabbit Room, when a few days later they wrote a whole post about this song and how it came to be written. It is based on a short story by Walt Wangerin Jr called "An Advent Monologue" that you can read here.

I saw a wonderful comment about this song somewhere online from a listener; they said something like this: at first I thought the song was about some woman, then I realized it was about Mary... then I thought no, it's about the world... then finally I knew it was about me.

No comments: